Your cart is currently empty!
CAN I IMPORT MY PRODUCTS FROM MY OWN WEBSITE TO SAVE ME TIME?
Technically, you should be able to import products to First Nations Gifts from your website. We would be happy to assist you with products.
You will need to export and create a .csv file. You can also remove products you do not wish to import to First Nations Gifts. It is fairly straight forward.
If you have a Shopify website, instructions on how to export your products are provided here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/import-export/export-products
Most exporting doesn’t always import to another website perfectly, so there may be some manual adjustments to be made after importing.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like us to import your products.
HOW DO I SHOW AN ITEM THAT HAS DIFFERENT SIZES AVAILABLE?
For items that are available in different sizes or colours, you can list those as part of a single product listing and manage the stock of each size or colour variation.
For items with different styles or descriptions, you should complete separate listings.
I CAN’T UPLOAD MY PHOTO?
The main or ‘hero’ image should be square orientation, the same as a suitable photo for instagram. You can upload nine (9) additional product images aside from your main ‘hero’ image – these images can be portrait or landscape as required. Your additional images you could include:
- a close-up of materials or close-ups of different features
- shots from each angle of the product, to better show-off your item eg, back, front, side, bottom, top
- a shot that is ‘deep-etched’ or all-white background
- a shot ‘in-use’ that is different to the ‘hero’ shot.
See out Photography Guidelines for further information on image specifications
HOW DO I LIST A SIZE CHART?
We offer a uniform size chart for clothes or accessories on the site that is a conversion chart for International customers.
As clothing and accessories on FNG will come from different manufacturers a ‘one-size-fits-all’ size chart will not be provide our customers with the best user experience and so we encourage you to include a brand size chart for your brand in addition to our conversion charts.
We suggest (where relevant) that sellers use ‘size.ly’. Size.ly provides a free ‘starter’ template design service for you to provide a size chart for each piece of clothing or accessories you sell. It has a range of templates that you can size your clothing per piece so customers know the exact size of that particular piece. Once you have created a template, all you need to do is upload it to the relevant product in the photo gallery or in a custom tab on the product page. Go to Size.ly to find our more.
HOW CAN I LIST UNISEX ITEMS?
We have called a unisex category ‘Genderless’, so you will need to list products that are unisex in this category. If you want the same item to be featured in Womens or Menswear, the item of clothing must be shot on a male model and for womenswear on a female model.
WHY CAN’T I SEE MY NEWLY ADDED ITEMS UNDER ‘NEW IN’?
If you have checked the first few pages of ‘new in’ and still can’t see your listing it may be due to one of the following reasons
- High number of listings – If lots of new listings have been added to the site at a similar time you listed your item, your items may appear later in the ‘new in’ category sections – try looking further back through the pages for your listings. We recommend if you have a lot of listings, staggering the publishing of products so that your items are spread across the ‘New in’ category.
- Is your listing approved? – We may not have approved your item to go live yet, the item may not be suitable for First Nations Gifts site or it may need some editing to make it suitable. If it needs editing, it may be that a product includes images that do not meet our photography guidelines or include offensive language or content or photography or not in the best interests of First Nations Gifts.
If you are unsure if a product will be approved, we can pre-assess a product prior to listing the product on First Nations Gifts, you can contact us on [email protected]
CAN I SELL REAL FUR AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS?
Yes. we do allow the selling of real fur and animal products as an expression of culture and First Nations traditions.
However, we do not encourage the selling of endangered animal skins, products or fur at any time on the site. We request that our sellers agree that leather, skin, fur, shell or feather products do not come from endangered species and/or are produced ethically and without cruelty. Furs and leathers must be commercially or professionally tanned. Some furs and feathers cannot be sold internationally and/or require a permit or commercial processing. Please ensure you understand your responsibilities in relation to selling animal products internationally and refer to CITES https://www.cites.org/ and your local customs agency.
WHAT PRODUCTS CANNOT BE SOLD ON FIRST NATIONS GIFTS?
- Secondhand goods
- Endangered species: materials derived from vulnerable or endangered species
- Some Fur: Any fur products should be traditionally harvested or be commercially obtained when derived from pest species within the country of origin or from already expired animals.
- Bone, shell, horn and teeth: should be traditionally harvested or be commercially obtained when derived from pest species within the country of origin or can be obtained from meat-by product or already expired animals.
WHAT TYPES OF PRODUCTS MAY NOT BE APPROVED ON FIRST NATIONS GIFTS OR MAY BE SUBJECT TO FURTHER ASSESSMENT?
- Trademarked words on a product or in the product description (e.g. iphone)
- Designs or slogans that could cause extreme offence to people
- Products that have strongly offensive text or imagery and those that may breach copyright may not be approved on First Nations Gifts.
- Graphics or photos downloaded from the internet, Pinterest, Google etc. without written permission to use.
- Song lyrics or text from published books without written permission to use.
- Celebrity images, using a celebrity name or likeness without written permission to use except in a satirical context.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HAVE MY BRAND ON FIRST NATIONS GIFTS?
A Brand Store presence on First Nations Gifts is free.
There are no regular payments or cost to set-up a store on First Nations Gifts.
First Nations Gifts works like any other retail store where similar to wholesale, we charge a commission on the sale of products. The commission is made up of a wholesale profit and fees we pay from payment facility suppliers such as Paypal and Stripe to process customers payments for your products.
Our Commission is deducted in different ways depending on the customer’s payment method:
- Paypal – Orders paid through PayPal: Paypal funds are released by First Nations Gifts to your Paypal account every 24-48hrs (except weekends and public holidays).
- Stripe – Orders paid directly by credit or debit cards via Stripe: Commission is taken immediately from the customers payment and your invoice will acknowledge the transaction as zero (commission already paid).